Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Eat your heart out Starbucks!

I found a secret to making your own flavored coffee's at home! I'm a HUGE java junkie. I'll drink and eat anything coffee related. Chocolate, Ice cream, and of course coffee. If there were a coffee flavored body scrub I'd own that shit! So imagine my maniacal glee when I literally stumbled over this recipe for pumpkin spice latte at home!

I couldn't wait to try it! I was so unbelievably excited that I forgot rule number one of any seasoned at home cook. I forgot to check the ingredients before starting.


Yeah it was like that!
I had to improvise and all I could remember was that she put the spices on top of the coffee grounds before starting the coffee. I rummaged around in my spice cabinet and came up with my little McCormicks Apple Pie Spice. I figured what the hell if it's bad I'll just throw it out. But it wasn't bad oh no it was sinfully delicious! It was, in my not so humble opinion, better than Starbucks. My Java Junkie heart rejoiced and my inner broke mama was just about passed out with the revelation at how much money I was going to save this fall.

Without further delay and for all you flavored coffee junkies out there I give you the worlds easiest recipe for flavored coffee. Your Welcome!

Apple Pie Spice Coffee:
Your favorite French Roast coffee
McCormicks Apple Pie Spice
Water
Coffee maker (obviously)
Coffee mate Creme Brulee creamer
Sugar to taste

Measure your coffee like you would for any normal day. In my household this equates to an entire 10 cup pot of coffee.
Take your Apple Pie Spice and shake it on top of the coffee grounds until the top of the coffee grounds are coated and you can not see any more black coffee. I measured it this morning it's 2 table spoons of Apple Pie Spice.
Prep your coffee to your desired sweetness and color. True coffee drinkers know what I mean by color but I'll break it down for you peeps that don't know. Color means the desired shade of tan you want your coffee or another way of putting however much milk or creamer you like.

That's it! It's that simple. I've tried Pumpkin Pie Spice with a stick of cinnamon on top of the coffee grounds and that tastes just like the Starbucks Pumpkin Pie Spice Latte. Now you have your own flavored coffee's anytime you want. Yes I am an evil coffee genius!!!

3 comments:

  1. I will have to get the spices and the creamer! lolol but look forward to trying this! Thanks to your brussel sprouts recipe my kids love brussel sprouts and will now eat them the healthy way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Roxanne! I love to hear feedback on a recipe that works out well for others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am making this right now so I guess I will tell you how mine turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete