Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

I was going to post this really awesome picture of the oatmeal I made in my crockpot last night. Then I realized that the "insert image" icon only uploads from i-phones and androids neither of which I have so boo on that!

You'll just have to take my word for it that not only looks amazing it tastes amazing too and it's sooo super easy to make.

The first thing you'll need are steel cut oats. Do not use "quick cook oats" as these cook entirely too fast and will burn. You need steel cut oats. You can get them through the community helpings coop really cheap or you can buy them at the store in the cereal aisle.

The next step is to either line your crockpot with a crockpot liner or you can spray the beejebus out of your crockpot with Pam to keep the oatmeal from sticking.

Next add one cup of steel cut oats to four cups of liquid. I used three cups of water and one cup of milk.

Do you have any dried fruit? Put them in now. I used craisins, and fresh apple's diced.

Now it's the fun part: You'll need one small can of Pumpkin just open and spoon in about two tablespoons. Feel free to use more if you like the taste of pumpkin a lot. Mix that in till it's blended with everything else.

Now get your cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the oatmeal.

Set your crock pot to low and let it cook overnight. When you get up in the morning your house will smell like pie and you'll have the best tasting yummylicioius oatmeal all ready to go. Just spoon and serve. Perfect for a chilly fall morning!

2 comments:

  1. Oh sounds yummy, I made a pumpkin coffee cake the other day from a recipe I found on pinterest! It was so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October will be Pumpkin and Butternut Squash month for recipes! I will be getting a new phone soon an android phone which will go a looong way to improving my blog presence! so stay tuned for more recipes with pictures.

    ReplyDelete