Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Unhealthy Brussel Sprouts

My sister in law introduced me to these over the holidays. Normally I'm not the brussel sprout kind of person. I don't like their bitter flavor. What I discovered though is that what I really don't like is brussel sprouts that are good for me! 'Cause if you cook those bad boys in some bacon grease and cover them with Parm. cheese you're totally good to go! Those little bad boys are rockin good!

For your culinary pleasure I give you Lizzy's Unhealthy Brussel Sprouts!

Ingredients:
Fatty bacon
Parmesan cheese
Brussel Sprouts

Directions:
Pan fry the bacon about five to six strips of bacon per pound of brussel sprouts.
Remove the bacon but leave the grease.
Take the brussel sprouts and place in microwave safe container with 1/4 cup of water and cover tightly with saran wrap. Poke a few small holes in the top for venting and microwave for like 2 to 4 minutes to steam the brussel sprouts.
Place in bacon grease and saute for about 5 to 10 minutes. transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle liberally with Parmesan cheese and add crunched up bacon.
EVERYTHING IS BETTER WITH BACON AND CHEESE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment